Two-Factor Authentication provides an additional authentication layer to ensure only you can access your WonderPush account. It is also known as 2FA, Two-Step Authentication, Two-Step Verification, 2SV, Multi-Factor Authentication, MFA.
In addition to your email address and password or OAuth, Two-Factor Authentication requires you to install an authenticator app such as Google Authenticator (Android, iOS) on your personal mobile device. When you log in to WonderPush, you will be prompted for a verification code generated by the authenticator app to access your WonderPush account.
- Access the Account Security / 2-Factor Authentication section from your Profile page.
- Click Manage
- Click Enable
- Download an authenticator app on your personal mobile device
Supported Authenticator Apps
Any authenticator app that support a Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) will do. Your favorite password manager application may even support it.
Here is a list of the most common ones:
- From the authenticator app, scan the QR code or enter the Secret Key displayed on WonderPush set up screen
- Enter the six-digit verification code from the authenticator app on WonderPush setup screen
- Click Continue
- Note your recovery codes.
Upon successful set up of an authenticator app, WonderPush will generate a set of 10 recovery codes. These codes can be used to login to your account if you don't have access to the authenticator app.
Note: For security purposes, WonderPush will display the recovery code only once. Please download or copy these in a safe place. In case you lose the recovery codes, you can generate a new set, invalidating the old recovery codes, from the Account Security / 2-Factor Authentication section of your Profile page.
- Enter email address and password, or use social login
- Enter the authentication code from the app
In order to fully secure access to your whole project, we recommend that all staff members having access to the project use 2-factor authentication.
Project owners and administrators can do so by doing the following:
- Navigate to the Settings / Security page.
- Identify the Staff access section.
- Check the Require project staff members to use 2-factor authentication checkbox.
- Click Save changes
From now in order to access your project, all staff members will be invited to set up 2-factor authentication.
Updated about 2 years ago